We are very pleased that you have decided to join us and continue your education at Banbridge High School. The school was opened in 1957, and moved to this site in 1996. Over those years many pupils have enjoyed our school and progressed successfully into adulthood. I hope you will do the same.
You will find your new school very different to your primary school. Here are some of the changes you can expect to find:
- School day is divided into 6 periods. Each period is 50mins, click here for details of school day.
- You will have a different teacher for each subject.
- You may be in a different room for each subject.
It is only natural that you may feel nervous or slightly apprehensive about starting your new school. Here is some information that may help you on your first day.
Your first day in Banbridge High School is Friday 29th August. You should be in school no later than 8:50am.
- Enter by the junior entrance (at the right hand side of the school)
- Wait in the junior cloakroom and when the 9:00am bell sounds, move to the Russell Hall.
- The Principal, Mr Bell, will take assembly and welcome you to your new school.
- You will then move to your form class at approximately 9:15am.
- Break time is from 10:15am to 10:30am. During break you can meet up with your friends in the junior playground or cloakroom. Please note the canteen will not be open the first day, so bring something for your break.
- You will return to the Russell Hall for an induction session with Young Enterprise called ‘Your school, Your Business’. This will last to approximately 12noon.
- From 12noon to 12:30pm you will return to your form class.
- School finishes on this day for you at 12:30pm. For more information on a typical school day, click here.
What do I need to bring with me?
- School bag
- Pencil case
- Healthy break